Come and fly the skies where black eagles soar, hike the paths of the leopard, climb the rocks where baboons play and spend some time at a rock pool each day.
Tucked high up in the Olifants River Mountains above Porterville in the Western Cape in South Africa, Beaverlac offers camping and cabins to maximise your enjoyment of nature. Situated in a secluded 5000 hectare valley surrounded by mountains, Beaverlac is blessed with two rivers, the Ratel (Honey Badger) and the Olifants.
A wide variety of hiking and mountain bike trails and rock pools are available for visitors.
Right of admission strictly reserved
NO MUSIC, NO MUSICAL INSTUMENTS
PLEASE RESPECT YOUR CAMPING NEIGHBOURS AND
PLEASE MAINTAIN PEACE AND QUIET BETWEEN 11Pm AND 7Am
PLEASE PAY CAREFULL ATTENTION TO THE REGISTRATION AND BOOKING REQUIREMENTS BELOW
STEP 1: REGISTRATION
1.Who must register? EVERY PERSON 18 YEARS AND OLDER (YOU AND PEOPLE YOU BRING ALONG) MUST REGISTER
with full first name and surname (second name), please. Do not use your initials please.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
2.Please DO NOT USE A BUSINESS/EMPLOYER E-MAIL ADDRESS during registration. If you do, you might not receive our non reply e-mail notifications.
3. When your registration is approved by us, you will receive an e-mail notification.
4. Use your username and password in the e-mail notification to LOGIN HERE
. You will now have link to the CAMPING BOOKING FORM in the main menu. Follow the BOOKING PROCEDURES below.
5. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
in case you forgot your login details. Please do not re-register. There can be a waiting period of up to 24 hours after registration, before you will be able to log in to make a camping booking request.
STEP 2: CAMPING BOOKING REQUESTS
** TENT/CARAVAN CAMPING BOOKING PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS: **
(Bookings on behalf of other vehicles are not allowed. Please ensure that the persons 18 years and older coming along with you are registered.)
1. All the 18 years and older persons in your vehicle must register on our website first. See registration above.
2.The driver of the vehicle must log in to complete and submit the CAMPING BOOKING FORM. Kids 0-3 years do not pay for camping so please do not list them on a booking.
3. You can list only 6 persons on a booking. If you have more than 6 persons in the vehicle, please complete and submit an additional camping request for that vehicle. Add the word "continuation" after the vehicle registration number.
4. We will e-mail you the BOOKING APPROVAL. Wait 24 hours before inquiring about a new booking.
5. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ANY DEPOSITS FOR TENT/CARAVAN CAMPING. PAYMENT IS IN CASH UPON ARRIVAL.
6. Please read "THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND" at the bottom of this page.
7. REMEMBER to bring along a copy of your approved booking and permit.
8.E-mail us at email@example.com if you want to make changes to your approved booking, like adding additional persons or change camping dates. No need to request the change of a vehicle reg.number should you choose to came with a different vehicle. Non need to list kids younger than 4 years on a booking.
**PROCEDURE AND REQUIREMENTS: **
1. Only Registered persons may book a Cabin. The 18 years and older guests staying with you in the cabin must register too. See REGISTRATION above.
2. Phone 022 931 2945 to book or inquire about cabin availability: Daily between 8:00 am to 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm. Do not e-mail us about inquiries. E-mail inquiries will be ignored.
3. Have your USER ID ready. You will see your USER ID on the top of the Home Page under "WELCOME TO BEAVERLAC" after login.
4. Once you secured a cabin a 50% nonrefundable deposit is required immediately
. E-mail proof of your deposit within 48 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org
or fax-to-mail (086 669 2851). Should you fail to do so we reserve the right to cancel the cabin booking without notifying to you. See the "CONTACT PAGE" for our Bank Account details.
5. Additional persons joining you as campers must book for camping separately. See Registration and Tent/Caravan Camping above.
** All visitors to Beaverlac are required to adhere to the Rules & Regulations - READ HERE**
THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND
Friendly and well-behaved dogs are welcome too, BUT please keep your dog under controle at all times. Dogs are not allowed in rock pools where people are swimming.
We do not have demarcated camping spots. You may camp anywhere in the camping area. We do not reserve camping spots.
- No electricity availabe at the campsites but we do have a freezer and powerpoint at the shop for use by campers.
- Please do not bring non-registered as well as persons not on your booking along.They will not be allowed into the camp.
NO DAY VISITORS allowed.
- NO DROP AND GO CAMPERS AND NO BUSES OR TAXIS.
- By submitting a camping request you also accept to abide by all our rules. Failure to abide by our rules will result in immediate and permanent eviction.
MUSIC IS NOT ALLOWED and ABSOLUTE SILENCE in the camp FROM 11:00 pm till 7:00 am THE FOLLOWING MORNING. Please report offenders at the shop. All we need is their car registration numbers.
- Small cars do make it in and out of Beaverlac provided the car is not heavily loaded. You use the farm road down to Beaverlac at your own risk.
- There is no cell phone reception at Beaverlac.
- Over the New Years Season (25 December to 2 January) you must book for atleast 3 nights.